We may change this policy from time to time so please check back often. If we significantly change our collection, use, or disclosure practices, we will try to send you a notice via email if you have provided us with an email address.
What information do we collect from you?
We collect information in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you or your company. Other information is anonymous. We collect contact and registration information, information in contact-us forms, bill payment information, information you post in interactive areas, website activity information, and data submitted to our software and mobile app.
- When you ask us to contact you, we ask for your name and email address
- When you register, we also collect your address, and phone number along with information about your company
- When you report a problem with our site or services we will collect contact information along with a description of your problem
- When you contact us via the company email address, we will collect your contact information and any information you include in your email
- When you order a product or service from us or pay a bill online we ask for transaction information including your mailing address, phone number, email address and payment information
- When you visit and navigate our site, use our applications or third party sites, or open our emails, we may collect technical information about your use of our site including IP address, device identifier, and viewing information
- When you use our Software, we collect information about your customers and potential customers along with information about your efforts with respect to your customers (collectively, “GA Data”). This includes (i) company background information such as name, category and community, phone number, website, size, level of care, (ii) prospect profiles, including contact information (including name, age/date of birth, gender), community, sales journals and strategy, photographs, life stories, typical day, key decision influencers, care information (including status, counselor information, care type, date information, and related information); (iii) unit descriptions, occupancy status, amenities, pricing; and (iv) sales team member and professional decision influencer contacts and profiles
How do we collect information from you?
We collect much of the information listed above directly from you when we access your back-office systems we are provided access to explicitly by you or your organization. This includes information such as registration information, contact information, user submissions, and public postings. If you do not want to share your information, you can choose not to participate in a particular service or activity.
- Provide you with personalized content based on your use of our site
- Enable you to more easily use our site by remembering and using contact information, purchasing information, and registration information
- Evaluate, monitor and analyze the use of our site and its traffic patterns to help improve our site and services
- Assist us with ad reporting functions such as to learn which ads are bringing users to our website
Like most standard website servers, we use log files. Log files track Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track website navigation in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
How do we use your information?
Our main goal in collecting information is to improve the website and provide you with the best possible experience on the website.
We will also use your personal information to:
- Notify you of other products, services and apps available from Guru Alliance and our affiliates
- Enable you to participate in online transactions
- Personalize online content so that is applies to you and your interests
- Make our products, services better
- Compile, analyze and do research on our users’ demographics and behavior
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- We use, and share location data only to provide and improve our services.
Who is collecting information?
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser.
Embedded content from other websites
With whom does Guru Alliance share my information?
We will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information except when we have your permission, when required by law, for security and compliance, to service providers working on our behalf, or if or if we sell our company or assets. We may also disclose information to third party partners in blinded or aggregated form that does not identify individuals.
These are some of the ways that your information may be disclosed:
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including mailing, website development and operation, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail or email, analyzing website use, processing payments, providing investor information and processing data. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are contractually prohibited from using that information for any other reason.
Data in the Aggregate
We may disclose “blinded” aggregated data and user statistics and blinded and aggregated versions of the Client Data to prospective partners and other third parties. Blinded data is data that does not identify an individual person.
How can I control my personal information?
To make a request to view, edit or delete your personal information, contact us at us at email@example.com. You may also disable some collection through your browser settings or Google’s opt-out tool. If you are a resident or a prospective resident of a senior living community, make your request through your community or facility.
You may disable browser cookies in your browser or set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent. You may lose some features or functionality when you disable cookies. Remember, also, that disabling cookies is browser specific. If you log on using Google Chrome, you must also disable cookies in Safari if you use that browser at a different time. You may opt out of Google Analytics collection by downloading the browser plugin “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” here To ensure that you will not receive recurring marketing or other information from us unless you choose to, we will provide you with simple instructions on each marketing email from Guru Alliance for you to let us know that you have chosen to stop receiving such emails from us.
How does Guru Alliance protect financial-related information?
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your financial-related information.
As a matter of policy and long-time business practice, we do not sell information provided by our users. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding financial matters are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
We use encryption for financial transactions and other designated areas of our website. We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your information when it is in our system.
Your Guru Account Information and Guru Profile are password-protected so only you have access to this personal information. We use encryption technology for credit card numbers, bank account numbers, passwords, and registration information. Remember to sign out of your Guru account and close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account by using your computer when you are away from it. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for access to and use in our hosted products.
Because information sent through the Internet travels from computer to computer throughout the world, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Except as specifically stated, this site does not use security encryption measures. You will know that a webpage uses TLS encryption when you see “https” or the padlock symbol in your browser URL. Information that you disclose by use of this site (as with any site that is non-secure), by posting a message or using e-mail, potentially could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information online, that information may be accessible to other customers and users. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
When you or we end your customer relationship with us, we will treat the information we have about you as if you were still our customer.
If you need further assistance, please send an e-mail with your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
Guru Alliance LLC,
1299, Farnam St, Suite 300, Omaha, NE 68102